Most people never check their roof. In fact, the roof is the only part of our home that we give the least attention to. And because of this usual neglect, most homeowners have no idea when they have a roofing problem or when they might need a new roof.
The fact is that roofs are not permanent structures. Even though you might feel as if its a permanent part of your home and something that will never have any problems, nothing could be further from the truth. Because of the extremes of weather, they also undergo wear and tear. Most roofs, even those well-maintained, will last 15-25 years. But since we don’t pay attention, it often happens that by the time water starts to leak from the ceiling or we notice water stains on the walls, significant damage has already occurred. Thus, it is important for all homeowners to get their roof inspected on a regular basis because regular maintenance is far cheaper than having the roof replaced.
– Check the roof for any sagging or deviation. Roofs that have become weak will start to sag in.
– Use your hands to check if there is any wetness around the attic.
– Look for any visible signs of a water leak, or water damage.
– Check for any water stains which may be visible on the wood. In long-standing cases, water stains may be obvious.
– Check to see if the light from outside is penetrating in any part of the attic. This could be indicative of a tear or a hole in the shingles.
If you note any of the above features, call a professional roofing contractor for a more thorough inspection. They will be in a better position to determine what needs to be done.
Lanier Roofing has been providing roofing services for many years. If you need a new roof, do not try to take on the project yourself unless you have the necessary experience. We have a team of highly skilled, professional roofers who can give you the new roof that you need. Don’t delay. Call Lanier Roofing today at 864-990-4836 and let us know what you need. Our team has over 100 years of combined roofing experience. Even if you are unsure whether you need new roof shingles or whether your old roof can be restored, don’t look any further. Simply pick up the phone and book an appointment with one of our roofers.
* Subject to approved credit through Foundation Finance Company LLC and business acceptance. Terms and conditions may vary. Contact business prior to applying to discuss available offers. Business will provide terms and disclosures upon credit approval.